Saturday, February 28, 2009

7 months

Wow, today is my 7 months mark! That is so crazy! Well, last Friday I went to Gracia's families farm a couple hours outside of Belo Horizonte. It was me, Gracia, and Verena and Gracia's family. We stayed there until Wednesday celebrating Carnaval! Normally, Carnaval is a big party all weekend long with people stuffed into streets dancing and singing and drinking, (lots of drinking). Instead of celebrating Carnaval that way, I went to a farm with two of my best friends! It was amazing! We rode horses and went walking early in the morning (during the day it got to a good 90-95 degrees so it wasn't that fun to do things outside during the afternoon. We stayed in the shade for the most part, or inside the house, which also wasn't air-conditioned, ya ok, so it always was hot!) it was absolutely gorgeous! I milked a cow for the first time and helped the workers pick up the large wooden fence polls so they could start planting Cane. There was TONS of bugs, spiders, bees, and whatever you can thing of really, but it was an AMAZING time! Well now I am back in Belo Horizonte, celebrating my 7 months by changing houses. My next family lives close to where I live right now, so that’s good. I don't have to more to the other side of the city again! I am excited, I think it will be a good change. Well lastly, but not least, I am super super excited because my 18th birthday is coming up and also my whole family is coming to visit me here in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! YYAYA! I’m super super excited to see them! And then I have less then three months until I am back in CO. Wow, how fast the time goes! Well I need to finish up packing my things, so until next time,

-Hope

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Hopie i am so excited for you! Wow i can't believe you are going to be 18! thats crazy! i miss you so much that i might just hide in a suit case and come down to see you with your family. lol. love you lots!

Jean Spearman said...

Wow, it seems like a few weeks ago that we were anxiously awaiting the arrival of your blue Rotary jacket. "Time" is such a weird thing...always going too fast or too slow. C.S. Lewis says that our discomfort with time is evidence that we were made for timeless eternity. Anyway, I hope your TIME with your family is AWESOME and doesn't go too quickly, and I hope you'll make the most of your last 3 months in Brasil. I know you will. You're a sweetheart!
Lots of love,
Jean